News-International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems (WCITS 2011)
The 2011 International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems (WCITS 2011) April 14, 2011 Aguascalientes, Mexico http://www.robotica-up.org/ciiecc2011/workshops
The 2011 International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems (WCITS 2011) will be held on April 14, 2011, in the city of Aguascalientes, Mexico. The workshop will be collocated with the 2011 Iberoamerican Conference on Electronics Engineering and Computer Sciences (CIIECC 2011, http://www.robotica-up.org/ciiecc2011), offering attendees a unique opportunity to take part of two outstanding events in the meetings calendar in electronics engineering of 2011.
The workshop aims to serve as a forum for the dissemination of ideas, the identification of problems, and the establishment of working networks that contribute to the development of new technologies for the air interface of intelligent transportation systems (ITS). To meet this objective, we invite prospective authors to submit original and high-quality papers for presentation at the workshop and for publication in its proceedings. The workshop’s areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
* Antennas and propagation for vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications
* Channel modelling for inter-vehicle broadband communications (IVBC) and vehicle-to-roadside broadband communications (VRBC)
* Modulation and signal design for IVBC and VRBC.
* Time and frequency synchronization for mobile broadband communications
* Estimation and equalization of fast fading channels
* MAC protocols for vehicular ad-hoc networks
* Power control and multiple user interference cancellation for IVBC and VRBC
* Simulation tools for system and link level performance evaluation of the air interface of ITS
Papers submitted to the workshop will be reviewed by at least two members of the TPC and will be judged on their originality, technical correctness, relevance, and quality of presentation. Submitted manuscripts must be written in English, should be formatted according to the guidelines for Springer’s LNCS papers, and should not exceed 10 pages. Submission of papers will be handled electronically via EDAS (http://edas.info//N9807). Further instructions on the preparation and submission of papers will be available on-line at http://www.robotica-up.org/ciiecc2011/workshops.html.
All papers presented at the workshop will be published in the proceedings of CIIECC 2011, which will be available as a volume of Research in Computing Science (ISSN 1870-4069). A selection of outstanding papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of an international reputed journal (to be defined).
In addition to technical sessions, the workshop will feature keynotes speeches delivered by renowned experts on the field.
For more information, visit:
* Paper Submission Deadline: January 16, 2011 (hard deadline!)
* Notification of Acceptance: February 16, 2011
* Camera-Ready Papers Due: February 23, 2011